Connect and Engage with Volunteerism - Virtual Lunch & Learn Event
This Lunch & Learn will explore opportunities for creating meaning and connection through volunteer service.
Join local non-profit leaders from across the Asheville area for this Facebook Live Lunch & Learn and find out how volunteers are adapting to meet the needs of our communities in 2021 on:
Recorded: Tuesday, September 28th at 12:00 noon.
Facebook Event Link
- Kristina Israel - Council on Aging, Buncombe County
- Gretchen Batra, Volunteer, AARP
- Carrie Burgin, Volunteer Manager, ReStores for Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Kim Dickens, Volunteer, AARP
- Karla Gardner, Director of Community Engagement, Bounty & Soul
- Chelsea Rath, Community Engagement Coordinator, Asheville GreenWorks
- Alyssa Shuman, Volunteer Manager, MANNA FoodBank
- Crystal Taylor, Assistant Director of Troop Experience, Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont
Topics of Discussion:
- How volunteering benefits people socially and emotionally?
- Where volunteering fits into the workforce continuum?
- How volunteer opportunities have shifted during Covid and what the biggest needs are right now?
- Stories/mission moments to share related to great moments of volunteer service?
- If you are a volunteer, why do you choose to volunteer?
- How to find out more about volunteering at your organizations?