Age-Friendly Guide & Checklist
Is your organization planning or managing an age-friendly location?
Checklist of Age-Friendly Features
- Registration desks/tables an accessible-height?
- Accessible bathrooms?
- How many ADA accessible stalls?
- Adequate lighting?
- Functioning sound system?
- Easy to read signage?
- Close to public transportation?
- Accessible for patrons using mobility devices – scooters, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.?
- Are there handrails to assist those with mobility impairments into the facility?
- Are there automatic doors?
- Are the doorways 32 inches wide with the door open 90 degrees?
- Are elevators functioning? Are the buttons reachable for those in a scooter/ wheelchair?
- Room or event space set up to facilitate mobility?
- Are hallways/ travel routes unobstructed?
- Designated ADA parking that is in close proximity to the entrance of the event?
- Path of travel from parking to the event accessible and safe?
- Designated areas that address temperature concerns/needs?