6 ageist interview questions and how to respond
Agism at the Interview
Agism is prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person's age or appear of age.
In the Careerealism site:
- 55% of professionals that identified as “seasoned workers” or “mid-life career changers"
- 87% responded that they think age discrimination is hurting their job search
- How old are you?
- What year did you graduate from college?
- How have you kept your skills fresh?
- “We have state-of-the-art technology. Do you know how to use it?”
- “Will this position be challenging enough for you?"
- “A lot of our employees are fresh out of school. Does that bother you?”